Forman Christian College has been a pioneer in many lines. She was the first to form a Graduates’ Association in 1896, the first to open a Biology Department in 1898, the first to adopt co-education in 1902, the first to open a Technical Chemistry Department (1919), the first to open Geography classes (1924), the first to conduct medical examination of students admitted to the College (1914). Her students were the first to receive the degree of B.Sc. from the University of Panjab.
Source:The Folio, FCC Magazine, Jubilee Number. 1886-1936.